There are a few things wrong with this.
- $1100 for a “Bread and Butter” machine
- She should have made sure before ordering that the laptop had Windows.
- She could simply change operating systems
- Dell has a policy of shipping Linux to REDUCE costs. Every Dell purchase order clearly gives you the option of what OS you want. She decided on Linux (not Dell).
- She bought a computer with the “wrong OS”… big deal, that shouldn’t have stopped her from going to college – it’s just a lazy excuse.
- Ubuntu, and Linux in general, is painted in a very bad light by the news crew as “incompatible” and “useless”